We are living in a fast paced world. The demands on our time is increasing to a level where we struggle to take out time to do most important tasks also. In such a situation technology has been a great saviour. With various apps to help improve efficiency and transfer of information without manual intervention has helped immensely. A tracking system for student transport has made life less stressful for parents, specially the ones who are in nuclear families.
Transport module in TutMe app does this work efficiently and beautifully. On tap of a button, a parent can see the location status of the transport, which is carrying his or her ward. It, therefore, helps avoid situation where one doesn’t know as if a vehicle is getting late. It allows you to be just in time in the place to receive your ward, taking the stress out of the process. As this app comes bundled with a lot of other useful functionalities for schools, parents and students, it makes it that much more useful.
But how does the Bus tracking app work? It starts with installation of a GPS device in the school vehicle or any other vehicle. The GPS device is tracked through standard google app and is shown on the google map basis the coordinates for it a particular time. These coordinates (also known as lat-long) help track the vehicle at any any point in time. The scheduled stops where a student has to embark or disembark is preset with the help of coordinates of that particular location. It helps system to show as to how fas a vehicle is from a scheduled stop at a particular time.
In the endeavour to provide an all encompassing solution to schools and parents, TutMe has been designed to take care of this small yet significant part of the entire process. The state of the art technology ensures that almost any device with a GPS capability can be easily paired and work efficiently and effectively. One can even track the vehicle using the mobile device of the driver.
The transport module in TutMe has many features and this is just one of these. The module also helps keep a track of the vehicle, its fuel consumption, the details of the driver etc also. These are increasingly becoming important as state governments are increasingly making this as a responsibility of schools. We are trying to help schools manage all these without the stress involved.
To know more about the capabilities of our transport module or to understand all the functionalities of TutMe school management system, you may log in at www.tutme.in or may WhatsApp at 7982466300 for a 30 minute demo.
Schools have existed ever since the early days of civilization. Learning has been a critical link in the development of the human being. With time, the character of educational institutes also changed. This was necessary for 2 reasons – 1. Number of students, 2. New developments.
Different countries and continents have moved differently on this path. While the western world moved from private tutors to organized schools and universities, Indian schooling evolved differently.
However, in today’s world, it is impossible to manage a school without a School Management Software. Such software ensures that teachers and administrators can manage all their works smoothly and efficiently and ensure complete communication with parents and students. The essentials of today’s school management systems is to have Attendance process and a fully integrated fee system. The schools who use such software, ensure they can do more while using much fewer resources. Can you imagine managing a school with 5000 students managing everything by using traditional methods of writing every detail on a register.
Modern schools have evolved as large branch-based structures. These are not only multi-city but multi-country operations. Managing the local requirements while ensuring certain standards to be followed everywhere needs strict controls. The same can be achieved only through a strategic integration at a macro level. If this is not done properly, the branding of the school will be battered and the school will struggle to meet its ambitions.
The schools, therefore, should evolve as modern organizations have evolved running multi-country, multi-brand operations. The school management systems (software) like TutMe help achieve just that. These softwares not only help schools manage and orient themselves properly but make all routine works simple and enjoyable. The improved communication with parents helps improve the academic performance of students. Parent involvement also ensures lower incidents of indiscipline, which is quite an issue across educational institutes. Such systems also help schools organise their internal teams much better. The work-flow for staff improves ensuring everyone in the system understands the requirements they have to meet and critical requirements are known in time. All this goes on to contribute to establishment of great institutes which create a legacy that survives for hundreds of years.
For more information please visit on our webstie:-https://tutme.in/
Gurgaon is emerging as a major hub for education. Haryana in general has remained deprived of good schools and universities, but new schools and universities are being setup in Gurgaon, which meet these requirements. The parents in this city are also very well educated and most of the students come from nuclear families. This results in high demand for information of what is happening in the school regularly.
To this objective, the school app can play a very significant role. A school app helps schools connect with parents on a regular basis in a positive way. The schools can share all the information that a parent needs at home – whether it is related to what has been taught in the class on the day or what assignment has been given. The tests can be announced here, so that the parents ensure students are well prepared on the day of test. Performance metrics help parents understand their child’s performance vis-a-vis the class performance.
As it is clear from this, School Management App in Noida like TutMe are highly needed in all modern schools, specifically the schools, where parents are young and tech-savvy. That is why schools in towns like Gurgaon and Noida are increasingly using these school apps.
Every student is unique and they all learn at a different pace. Each of them have a different learning style and a classroom teaching where you can’t offer different methods to different students is sure to fail. However, for a teacher it is impossible to offer personalised learning solution to every child. That’s where school app like TutMe offers help.
TutMe has a very method to share digital learning resources with students and parents. There are library resources which have been created for educators to check and assign to the class. As an educator does it, the students and parents are notified about it and they can go through the details. That’s where an educator can make the difference.
Assume that you have a class of 40 students with about 25 students at almost the average learning level of the class, 5 students are much ahead of the class and another 10 students typically are behind the class learning level. As a teacher, you would be teaching at average learning level of the class. However, if you can assign some challenging material from the TutMe library to select group of students who are ahead of the class learning level, you create reason for them to remain engaged and learn advanced methods. Similarly, you can assign some material on the topics you have already taught in the class to students and assign it to the ones who are falling behind the average level of class, they can be encouraged to keep learning instead of losing interest as they have not been able to grasp what is being taught.
This is quite like your examination paper setting, where most of the questions are set so that average student in the class can answer those. However, one always puts a set of questions in the exam paper to stretch the best students in the class. Furthermore, with regular detailed comments on student performance which can be updated in the app, parents could be kept involved with the educational development of the child. An approach where educator and parent work in tandem to help a student learn have been seen to be doing well across schools.
The technology used in TutMe is child focussed to ensure better learning outcomes and an overall development of the child. The more a school communicates with the students and parents, the more it contributes to their development.
For more information please visit here:https://tutme.in/
Education, like any other industry in India, has been growing on the back of a young population and over all effort to improve literacy. Traditional pedagogical techniques, based on a teacher explaining a topic and students noting down, is still the most common method of teaching. However, educators and schools should make all efforts to develop curiosity and creativity in students. This is a dire need, if we want our kids to be prepared for future jobs.
A number of different teaching methods have been tried by different schools. However, most of the schools are stuck, as they believe that these teaching techniques are only for so-called elite schools. I personally believe that even the smallest schools should be able to use the modern teaching methods to inculcate appropriate abilities in kids. I have discussed 7 such teaching methods below, which integrate simple and cheap technology into education for better outcomes.
- Case Studies : This method is based on trying to find a solution of real-life cases through brainstorming, group discussion and innovative ideas. This technique was often used in my MBA class to analyze real cases experienced by companies in the past. And I am sure this can be used to impart learning in a much better way even to youngsters. It, of course, will require some pre-work by the teacher to connect the concept to be taught in the class with real-life situations where this concept shows up or is used. Experts at TutMe can help subscribing educational institutes do this effectively.
- Flipped activity – This is the simplest yet most effective thing you can do in your class. So what does the flipped activity mean – The Flipped Classroom activity involves encouraging students to prepare for a lesson before the same is dicussed/ taught in the class. Thus, the class creates an involving environment in which students delve deeper into what they have already studied. Students prepare a topic at home so that the class the next day can be devoted to answering any questions they have about the topic. This helps students to involve in learning making it an inclusive process.
- Gamify Education – Learning through the use of games is one of the teaching methods that is quite prevalent especially in elementary and preschool education. By creating games around the content that has to be learnt, teachers can make soaking of information by students simple and effective.This needs preparation, but once done the same routine can be repeated. TutMe helps you and make suggestions for gamifying Science and Maths content.
- Explore surroundings – We have all heard about Shantiniketan experiment by Guru Rabindranath Tagore. The reason why they had classes into open was for students to explore, observe and learn. This method of learning used intelligently can deliver excellent results across age groups and subjects. Also, this is a time when students learn without realising they are learning and therefore, those students who feel threatened by books deliver excellent results when your learning strategy involves this.
- Self-paced learning – In the rush to attain high marks, we sometimes push our students towards rote learning. But is that delivering any results which will prepare them for future jobs. A self paced learning, where student has been given tools and then left to explore on his own works very well.Tutme has modules where a teacher can assign projects and study material to students who can explore these at their preferred time and at their pace. This helps them learn at their own pace without any student getting intimidated by pace of teaching.Conceptually mind maps is a starting point for this also. Educators can create a theme on a Mind Map and let the students develop it further.
- Online learning tools – Internet is full of tools, both free and paid, which are amazing for learning. However, this process should be strictly guided by teachers, else, it might do more harm than good for students’ learning. There are tools like online quizzes on TutMe to help educators use the same without any hassle and integrate it with daily learning routine.
- Social Media in Classroom – Social media is a great tool to remain connected and to help everyone show their specific capabilities. Yes, there has been a negative connotation associated with Social media. However, if used under guidance, this could be a great enabler for learning. In fact, the forums on TutMe or similar other places can let everyone contribute to solve everyone else’s problem, irrespective of which institution one is associated with.
I am sure today’s classrooms will have to look different from yesterday’s classrooms. The advent of technology – simple, powerful and affordable makes it simple to achieve. Immersive experiences help children become not only better learners but also great world citizens. Go give it a try!
Schools are for teaching and learning. However, there are a few functions that schools have to carry out to sustain their existence. There are services like maintaining cleanliness, ensuring safety of students and providing safe transport for travel from and to home.
However, one task, that needs a lot of time and effort for administrators in school is Fee collection. This starts from Fee generation and ends with Fee collection and reconciliation of accounts. While it looks simple, the variety of Fee structures and the kind of concessions/ scholarships offered to different students make it one of the most tedious jobs for schools. Something that they have not been equipped with and have struggled to do effectively and efficiently.
Traditionally, the Fee was collected in cash and a register would be used for recording all transactions. However, with advent of technology, there are different modes of payments being used. As per a survey in all CBSE school, almost 40% of Fee is deposited as non-cash. Which means it is deposited using cheque or through electronic means. CBSE has also made it compulsory for all schools affiliated to it, to provide parents an option to pay fee electronically to ensure more transparency and ease of fee deposition. With popularity of wallets and UPIID, even parents in mid to lower socio- economic demographics are using electronic payment methods.
While fee collection is an important aspect, the fact that fee details should be kept updated all the times is critical to ensure correct information. While the correct information is important, the process has to be simple enough to ensure schools can conduct it with ease. In this context Fee management softwares become very important for schools.
TutMe is one revolutionary platform which attempts to make the administrative work at school very simple. In addition to ensure a seamless Parent communication, attendance, Exam and reports and academics section, the fee module in TutMe is very easy to set and extremely efficient. Hundreds of schools across India are already using this platform to make their work easy and smooth.
The world is entering the 4th Industrial revolution and we don’t know how is it going to unravel. The most bewildering aspect is that nearly everyone agrees that the speed of change is going to be faster than ever and AI, space technology and yet unexplored technological areas will play an important role in shaping it.
The estimates on employment opportunities are even more confusing. A consensus number on nature of jobs for future claims that almost 85% of jobs that will be in existence in 2030 don’t exist today. Putting both these facts together, make the challenge for educators look huge. Also, the explosion of information, better net connectivity and reducing cost of owning a computational device is bringing in a tectonic shift in how the education will be imparted hereon.
It is, therefore, pertinent to ask a question – Are we preparing our kids for this kind of future. The challenge is facing us now as all the kids who are in school today would have entered the workforce by 2030 or would be about to enter. What approach do educators and educational institutes should then take to prepare students for a future for which even a preview is not available.
The role of schools and educators will become even more important though. Why? Because earlier there were limited resources in the form of printed books and these standard resources would be in public eye and therefore trustworthy. With explosion of information technology and plethora of content now available, educators need to guide the students and help them understand what is to be believed ad what is not. Also, student-centric approach will be order of the day as imparting same skill to everyone will not work and therefore every student has to be dealt with as a different person and the curriculum to be defined differently.
It is fine to say this here but how can one achieve this? How can an educator define and impart different skills to each student in a class of 40+ students. The key lies in using technology. Using technology to evaluate students and use performance records to differentiate skill levels and skill requirements of each student. Also, technology can be used to teach different students according to their skill levels in the same classroom.
There are many tools available today to achieve this. TutMe is one such platforms which brings a number of these tools on one platform to offer to educational institutes at a very reasonable cost. The innovation in terms of content availability and the way the tools are organised makes it stand very different for effective class management for schools, colleges and coaching institutes.
- What is school management software?
School management software provides a single storage for student related data that can be accessed by school administrators, teachers and accountants. With this data, you can automate your school’s attendance process, Fee creation and collection, and class scheduling. It can also have LMS capabilities to integrate your Lectures, assignments and student assessment.
- The benefits of school management software
- Improved record keeping: The amount of paperwork required to keep a school operating can be staggering. School management software provides a central data for recording school attendance, Fee information, and more. Administrators can then easily access this information via desktop and mobile apps.
- Ease of Fee generation and collection: School management software allows you to record attendance and fee for individual students. School can use such a software to collect payment and thereby creating a paperless system of Fee collection.
- Improved platform for parental involvement: Maintaining parental involvement creates a lot of difference in learning outcomes of students. School management software allows parents to monitor and assess the progress of their children. Parents can readily contact (and even meet with) teachers, view grades and progress reports, and manage payments using fee apps.
3. Typical modules of school management software
- Student information and records: Allows you to record all students’ academic and personal information.
- Attendance tracking: Tracks individual student attendance and their behaviour in attending classes.
- Class scheduling: Facilitates scheduling for both in-person and online class meetings.
- Parent/student portal: Allows students and parents to view material and communicate with teachers through online management or through offline messaging platforms.
- Fee management: Provides easy way to create and collect fee including payment gateway integration.
- Assessment management: Records and evaluates the learning progress of students. Also presents reports with useful analysis.
Technology has made immense progress in last few years. Nearly every industry and how they operate has changed significantly over last decade. The speed of change is only gaining momentum.
However, one sector, which has remained almost unchanged is K12 education. Look at any school and they are still teaching the old way. School buildings have been constructed better, uniforms have become smarter but the way of analysis by schools has remained how it was. One may argue that a number of schools have started using smart class. Even government schools have given laptops and tablets to teachers in some Indian states.
But is that sufficient? How are we evaluating the performance of the students. Also, how do we connect with parents for seamless sharing of information and using this to get positive learning outcomes in kids. A good number of schools respond to these with contempt. Therefore, no wonder that repeated tests and surveys around learning abilities show falling levels in students year after year. This is across schools and there is hardly any difference between governments and private institutions.
So what can be done. For sure, there has to better understanding of each student that has to be created in the system. Also, the information on how a particular student is doing academically as well as socially should also be available on a continuous basis. Today it generally gets lost when a student moves to next class. Also, Analysis of various tests should be done methodically and the outcome of these should be used to evaluate a teacher.
While it is fine to agree with these points, the moot point is how to do this. Is it even possible. The answer is Yes and No. Yes, if we use technology and No if we don’t. Manual processes can’t achieve this objective. Fortunately, there are ERP solutions available today to help you achieve this. But is every school ERP capable to handle such requirements. I will say, No. So, please choose a school ERP with care and select the one that is based on the latest technologies, but for sure use.
We have currently about 1.5 million schools in India for K-12 level. The total student enrolment tops 250 million. These students who are currently in these schools are going to be joining the workforce for the country in 2030s.
Now, It is pertinent to ask as to how are we preparing these students to face the challenges of the future. The country is going through a huge transformation in various senses. We have an economy which is growing fast, our occupation pattern is changing and aspirations are growing fast on the economic side. At the same time, huge social transformation is taking place. The lines of caste and religions are getting blurred. The changes in IT has impacted everyone’s life so much that knowledge resources are omnipresent.
How do schools then prepare their students better to face these challenges. The individual skill is on the rise and batch training like in Industrial era is outdated. Schools therefore need to analyse student-wise details more in detail and treat every individual student differently.
But how can schools achieve this. One way, which schools should certainly use is to connect with students and parents much more regularly than what they do today. This ensures understanding the student socio-economically also. They can also use these interactions to help parents play a proactive role in student’s growth.
With advancements in technology, this can be achieved easily today. Use of IT can help schools reach out to parents, update them regularly on various performance parameters of their wards and involve them in everything starting from curriculum design to discipline maintenance.